January… the beginning of a new year, a chance to start fresh, and time to make your annual New Year’s Resolutions!
So many resolutions revolve around feeling good about ourselves and improving our overall well-being. Why not start at home? After all, you spend most of your time here; relaxing, entertaining, and even working. Make your home a place you love to come home to…a place you can’t wait to show your friends and family. Organize and purge overflow items from last year, and then visit iFurnishings to replace old furniture with new or rental furniture. Rental furniture lets you change your style as often as you like and is easy on the pocketbook.
Hygge (prounounced hoo-ga) is a Scandinavian word that encompasses a feeling of cozy contentment and well-being that comes with enjoying the simple things in life. Hygge has become a staple part of Danish culture, and it is speculated that this concept may be why Denmark is always at the top of the list of the world’s happiest countries, despite their infamously miserable winters.
How to create Hygge in your home in 2018:
- Simplify your things – De-cluttering is the first step. If it no longer serves you, let it go. Try donating to local charities and shelters, instead of trashing items or sending straight to the thrift store. There is always new life to be found in old items, and plenty of people in need.
- An organized home is a relaxing home. Use baskets to organize those things you don’t use on a regular basis – like dvd’s, shoes, or papers. This will help fill your home with things that raise your energy level, and reduce the amount of negative energy caused by excess clutter.
- Now that you have a clean slate to work with, think about a new coat of paint in your living room or bedroom. Try soft relaxing colors and for and energy boost, add some accent colors. Then add a few new pieces of furniture to emphasize your style. Perhaps it’s time to replace that dresser with the broken drawer or the chair in the living room that no longer reclines.
- Visit iFurnishings and let their designers help you replace those items with stylish new pieces. If one of your resolutions was to save money, they can definitely help you there. They offer Rental Furniture, Electronics and Housewares with flexible terms, and specialized living solutions. If you’re interested in purchasing new, iFurnishings offers new furnishings from manufacturers like Ashley and Serta at the guaranteed lowest prices.
- Visit the iFurnishings Clearance Center for a wide selection of rental returns for sale. They have next-to-new furniture at 50 – 70% off of retail pricing. The selection stays up to date and is constantly changing to accommodate your style. Take your stylish new pieces home today, or explore their financing options, like layaway or no-credit-check financing.
Make 2018 the Year of the Home!